In case you aren’t happy with your purchase then it can be returned within 10 days after the delivery of the product and you will be given a complete refund for the price of the product. The product must be unused and can be returned for any reason. The original and return shipping charges, however, would not be refunded. There is a 15% restocking fee.
We rarely have a problem with a leaking barrel (less than 1/2%) but it can happen. If you are returning a leaking oak barrel which is still covered by the manufacturer’s warranty then you will need to pay for the expenses associated with the shipment of the replacement barrel. If you received free shipping then a return fee of $20 will apply unless barrel is being returned because of reasons listed below.
Please note – We suggest barrel to be cured (used for the first time) within 30 days after purchase. You can’t wait more than 90 days to use the barrel or it may dry out and not cure properly. We do not have a lifetime guarantee on these oak barrels and certainly not beyond 90 days. You MUST notify us as soon as you notice a problem.
Returning of barrels after the 10 days have elapsed or after it has been cured will not be entertained. Engraved barrels wouldn’t qualify for return either.
Barrels can be replaced as per the following conditions:
- The head or stave of the oak barrel has cracked because of normal pressure
- The barrel isn’t getting sealed properly after curing it for the first time. Must follow curing instructions per website. (www.curedbarrel.com)
- A hoop breaks when cured for the first time.
- If Barrel has been allowed to dry out after initial use and will not re-seal then the barrel will not be replaced.
- Barrel’s Spigot leaks beyond normal conditions. In this case the spigot could be replaced and solve the issue. Normal leaking occurs when there is a slight drip after the spigot has been used to dispense the content of the barrel because the spigot generally holds some amount of liquid after it has been closed.
DO NOT SHIP PRODUCTS BACK TO US BEFORE YOU CONTACT US AND
RECEIVE AN RMA # AND RETURN SHIPPING ADDRESS.
IF you have a problem:
- Let us know what problem you are having and send us pictures of the problem areas – email@example.com
- Include your order number. If it was a gift please give us the name of the person that gave it to you.
- Include your current contact info
Barrel Warranty Schedule
Cracked heads, staves or leaks that won’t stop (wax tried first)
- First 90 Days after date of purchase – Full replacement
- 90-120 days – You pay shipping plus 20% of barrel price
- 120-180 days – We will give you a coupon code for 50% off a new barrel
- 180 days-1 year – We will give you a coupon code for 20% off a new barrel
1) Orders can be canceled only if the order has not yet been shipped.
2) There will be a 3% order cancellation fee on all orders paid for by credit card to cover the credit card processing fees.
3) Orders can be cancelled by emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or calling (469) 969-0449
4) Orders that have been custom engraved already cannot be refunded.
Limitations of Liability:
Red Head Oak Barrels is not responsible for incidental or consequential damages or losses due to defective products, errors in shipping your order, or other errors. For example – we wouldn’t buy you a new bottle of 24 year old Macallan Scotch if it all leaked out of a defective barrel. The limit of our liability is the replacement or refund for any item you purchase from us after you return the item(s).
In no event shall Red Head Oak Barrels, its parent companies, its subsidiaries, its members, its partners, its joint ventures, its affiliates, its suppliers, its licensors, its contractors or their respective agents or employees be held liable for costs or procurement of substitute goods or services, lost profits, lost data, business interruption, attorneys fees or any direct, indirect, special punitive, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages, (or any kind of damages whatsoever). This applies even if Red Head Oak Barrels has been advised of the possibility of such damages; whether in an action under contract, negligence, tort or any other legal or equitable theory of recovery arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use, or performance of the information, merchandise, and materials available from the Red Head Oak Barrels web site, or any part thereof, or your reliance on or use of information, services or merchandise provided on or through the Red Head Oak Barrels web site, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, any failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of your account, whether for breach of contract, negligence or under any other cause of action. In the event Red Head Oak Barrels is found liable under any circumstance under the terms of this agreement, Red Head Oak Barrel’s liability shall be limited to the replacement or refund for any product or service purchased from us and the replacement or refund for product will be made after the return of the product to Red Head Oak Barrels. Red Head Barrels maintains the rights to the images of custom engraved barrel heads.
We reserve the right to change prices at any time. Due to possible information misrepresentations, we may correct typographical and printing errors related to prices at any time. Members should be aware that product prices can and do fluctuate as a result of a raw material pricing, oil prices, demand for a product as well as product availability.
Shipping and Handling:
Sometimes situations arise that are out of our control. Among the most common is damaged merchandise through shipping. In the case that your order, in whole or in part, is damaged by the carrier it has to be claimed with that carrier. We will replace defective merchandise but cannot be held liable for the actions of the freight carrier but will work with them to make sure your transaction is complete.
If you place an order and have it Expressed or shipped to Alaska, Hawaii or Canada it is possible that our shopping cart will not calculate the shipping costs appropriately. You authorize us to charge you for the appropriate charges. We will notify you by email and unless we hear back from you cancelling your order we will ship it and charge your card for the shipping costs.
Handmade Barrels Have Variations
Since our oak barrels are handmade each one is slightly different. The size of each barrel may vary slightly, the color of the wood staves and head may also vary from barrel to barrel and even from the pictures on our website. Sometimes the spigot and bung holes may not be exactly aligned as well. Barrels will have discolorations in the wood but it will not affect the overall functionality of the aging process. When we engrave on the barrel head or waist it may not be exactly centered or horizontally level. We do strive to make each and every oak barrel is the best quality you can expect but we just want you to know that they are not churned out by some factory machine where everyone is exactly the same. Red Head Barrels reserves the right to accept or deny any request to replace a barrel that a customer may feel is not up to the quality or appearance they expected. We want you to be 110% happy with your oak aging barrel but we just wanted you to understand what you are getting beforehand.
Your Barrel Head
Each barrel head will have a centerpoint divot. When we engrave your barrel head we cannot specifically plot where that divot may fall on your engraving image. We will try to adjust generally when possible.