5 Liter Kombucha Barrel
Our 5 liter (about 1 gallon) oak aging barrel is perfect for brewing your Kombucha. We just turned the barrel on it’s end and put a big 4 inch hole in the top and the spigot hole on the side. Kombucha barrel has medium char to release the flavors from the barrel in your brew.
The 1 gallon kombucha barrel includes:
5 liter charred oak barrel
Cloth barrel cap (black)
Choose your spigot/faucet below:
With wood spigot – $129.95
With Plastic Faucet – $139.95
With Stainless Faucet – $144.95
$129.95 – $144.95
Our Kombucha Oak Barrels
We guarantee all of our barrels against damage or leakage. Our barrels are expected to swell and not leak when the directions above are followed correctly. The top is cut open and does not affect barrel integrity. You should always keep the interior of your barrel moist (dried out barrels will leak).
Setting up your new Kombucha Barrel
- Cure the barrel – be sure to keep it in a tub or container so it can leak and not get anything wet that you want to keep dry (like your counter or floor) Fill about 75% full of warm water.? Try not to get the outside of the barrel wet. If you do then just wipe it off.
- Leave it to seal for a day or two (or more for larger barrels).? It will stop leaking once the wood has properly swollen and sealed itself.
- Empty the barrel of the water and rinse it a few times until the water is clear.
- Add a camden tablet (1 for the 5 liter and 2 for the 10 liter kombucha barrel)
- Swish the solution around so it gets all the barrel saturated with the mixture
- Drain the barrel, rinse it and now? you are ready to fill with kombucha, ginger, Japanese water crystals or whatever your favorite ferment is.
|Dimensions||10 × 10 × 10 in|
Wooden/Amuminum Spigot, Plastic Faucet, Stainless Faucet
kareyreisdorph131 (verified owner) –
Absolutely love our new Kombucha Barrel. You can definitely taste the oak difference. We really like the spigot. It makes bottling so much easier. We love it! And our friends love it, too! My only regret is not getting the 10L barrel. If you are into kombucha, you need to try the oak barrel.