20 Liter Kombucha Barrel
A great 20 liter barrel for brewing your Kombucha, There is a 4 inch hole cut in the top of the barrel head and the spigot is located on the lower side of the barrel. Kombucha barrel has medium char to release the flavors from the barrel in your brew. The 5 gallon kombucha barrel includes: 20 liter charred oak barrel Cloth cover Spigot (wooden and aluminum spigot) Stainless Faucet optional upgrade.
$199.95 – $219.95
Our Oak 20 Liter Kombucha Barrel Setting up your new Kombucha Barrel
- Insert the spigot in to the spigot hole on the side of the barrel. Make sure it is straight up and down with the knob on top. Tap the spigot in to the hole with a few solid raps of your hammer or mallet. Carefully but firm.
- Cure the barrel – Set it in a container so it can leak and not get anything wet that you want to keep dry (like your counter or floor) Fill about 75% full of warm water. Try not to get the outside of the barrel wet. If you do then just wipe it off.
- Allow the water to soak in to the wood until the wood swells and seals itself by tightening against the hoops. This could be for a few days or up to a week or more for larger barrels. It will stop leaking once the wood has properly swollen and sealed itself. If not then you may need a little barrel wax on it to seal it up.
- Empty the barrel of the water and rinse it a few times until the water is clear.
- Drain the barrel and now you are ready to fill with kombucha.
|Dimensions||18 × 18 × 18 in|
Wooden/Amuminum Spigot, Stainless Faucet