Traditionally vodka is made from the gluten-containing grains: barley, rye, and wheat. However, due to consumer demand, there is a growing industry of gluten free vodka producers. These specialty vodkas are instead made from crops such as potatoes, corn, and grapes–none of which contain gluten.
People who suffer from gluten sensitivity or celiac disease may be able to enjoy these special gluten free vodka products. Generally, those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity are not able to ingest vodka that has been distilled from the gluten grains set forth above.
For those individuals who would like to try some gluten free vodka, it can be hard to distinguish which brands contain gluten and which brands do not. Below, we have compiled an alphabetical list of vodkas which do not contain gluten.
Gluten Free Vodka Brands:
- Blue Ice Vodka– Blue Ice Vodka is actually the first brand of vodka which is eligible for a label stating that it is without gluten. If you are going to purchase this brand for consumption, do be sure that you are buying the potato-based vodka, as Blue Ice also makes a wheat-based vodka. The former is the one which may be well tolerated by those with celiac or gluten sensitivity.
- Bombora Vodka– Bombora Vodka is a spirit made from grapes and imported from Australia.
- Boyd & Blair Vodka– This brand of vodka is made from local potatoes in a gluten free facility in Pennsylvania.
- Cayman Blue Vodka– Cayman Blue Vodka is made from sugar cane in the Dominican Republic. This vodka is tested to be sure it contains fewer than 10 parts per million of gluten, and receives a certification stating the same.
- Chopin Vodka– If you are going to try the gluten free vodka made by Chopin, be sure to pick the bottle with the black cap and lettering, as that is the potato vodka. Other vodkas made under the Chopin label contain either wheat or rye.
- Ciroc Ultra Premium Vodka– Ciroc Vodka is made from grapes and comes in four flavors. If you are trying to stick to the kind without gluten, choose the plain, unflavored version.
- Cold River Vodka– This vodka is made with potatoes, and comes in plain and blueberry flavored. Both are gluten free vodka, and the blueberry kind is made with wild Maine blueberries. If you like gin, you may also want to try the Cold River brand of that particular spirit, as it is also made to be gluten free.
- Devotion Vodka– Devotion Vodka comes in five great flavors: Black and Blue, Blood Orange, Coconut, The Perfect Cosmo, and Wild Cherry. All flavors are without gluten.
- Divine Vodka– This vodka brand is made in southern Michigan from grapes in a gluten free facility.
- Famous Vodka– Famous Vodka comes in plain and rose flavored, and both are gluten free vodka.
- Glacier Vodka– Vodka made from potatoes in Idaho.
- Krome Vodka– Krome is made in Oregon from corn.
- Luksusowa Vodka– This gluten free vodka is made in Poland from potatoes, and is the top-selling potato vodka in the world.
- Monopolowa Vodka– Originally made in Poland and currently distilled in Austria, this vodka is potato-based.
- RWB Vodka– Vodka made from Idaho potatoes.
- Smirnoff Vodka– Smirnoff Vodka is distilled from corn and is considered a gluten free vodka. Beware, however, that this gluten free status does not extend to the company’s malt beverage line.
- Tito’s Handmade Vodka– Tito’s Vodka is produced in Texas from corn.
- Vikingfjord Vodka– This vodka is made in Norway from pure potatoes and is therefore a gluten free vodka.
So, as you can see, there are many choices available in today’s market for those looking for a gluten free vodka to enjoy.